Mummy’s Wish Hike 2022
Tell cancer to “Take a Hike” this October
Take steps to support mums who are undergoing treatment, to celebrate those who have survived, and in memory of those we have lost.
Will you lead a hiking fundraiser?
Step up and fight cancer by organising a walk or hike this October. Mummy’s Wish invites you to get fit, have fun and raise funds for mums with cancer.
How it works:
- Become a hike leader: Gather friends and family and organise a hike to take place anytime in October. You can walk any distance or difficulty and there is no minimum participants or funds to raise – every dollar helps!
- Create your hike fundraiser: Set up a CrowdRaiser using Givenow – it only takes 5 minutes.Head to this page and click ‘Create CrowdRaiser’. Select ‘team fundraiser’ in step 2, so you can invite your hiking mates to join the page.
- Join our Facebook Group: We have set up a group for hike leaders and participants to share their ideas, ask questions and collaborate. Join now here.
- Share: Promote your hike among your friends, family and colleagues. Take photos and videos before, during and after your hike to keep your network involved.
- FAQ: Have more questions? Download our FAQ document or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for a free virtual information sessions to find out more:
How it all started:
In November 2017, Mummy’s Wish mum Annette Azzopardi was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. After a year “she would never wish upon her worst enemy” Annette was given the all-clear. To celebrate, her and her husband Alan hiked Walsh’s Pyramid to raise over $3,000 for Mummy’s Wish.
Annette’s cancer returned more aggressively and she sadly passed away on 12th March, 2019. Her sister Benita is continuing her legacy and Annette’s friends and family now take part in an annual hike of Walshs Pyramid in her honour, and Benita is kindly hosting our information sessions.
Annette showed tremendous courage at every step of her cancer treatment. We honour her memory with this national campaign that inspires people around the country. We invite you to support her family in their steps to fight cancer.
Mummy’s Wish walks in the shoes of around 1000 mums with cancer every year. The support helps to lift the practical burden off mums so they can spend more precious moments with their families.
Mummy’s Wish relies on the support of our fundraising campaigns to deliver important services.
The Mummy’s Wish Hike 2022 is aiming for 10 hike CrowdRaisers to raise a total of $25,000.