NSW Support Coordinator (Oncology)
Role: Support Coordinator – Oncology
Location: NSW (Remote working)
Salary: $37.54 per hour plus super and salary sacrificing benefits (in-line with SCHADS Award Level 4.1) PLUS $18,550 salary packaging benefits
Terms: Initial 12-month contract, part-time 20 hours per week
Reporting directly to the Manager of Mums Support, the primary purpose of the Oncology Mums Support Coordinator is to provide one-on-one support to mums who are receiving treatment for cancer (our clients) to understand their requirements, and work with the Mummy’s Wish team to meet those requirements.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Must have support coordinator experience, women’s support and cancer care background advantageous as is a nursing/oncology background
- Sound knowledge and the ability to rapidly acquire, local health and welfare networks, along with demonstrated understanding of the major issues in cancer support and fundraising
- Previous administration experience including use of Microsoft Office, Google Suite and CRM system or database.
- Highly developed, client-centred communication skills conveyed through a caring disposition and highly proactive passion for helping a wide variety of people from diverse cultural backgrounds and situations with no judgement or favour, whilst maintaining professional distance.
- Superior interpersonal skills including the ability to confidently build successful relationships and network with mums, colleagues and stakeholders to achieve the right outcomes.
- Strong ability to balance working remotely and as part of a small team to achieve own and collective goals through a committed, positive and enthusiastic approach to work and personal success.
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills to manage competing priorities within tight timeframes and take accountability for individual actions and workloads.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to come up with new ideas and achieve results in an environment of change using creative problem-solving and effective questioning and listening skills.
- A purpose-driven individual with an alignment to our values.
Founded in 2007, Mummy’s Wish is the only independent Australian charity dedicated to providing practical support to mums who are diagnosed with cancer and have children under 13 years.
Our core service of practical support is designed to provide solutions that empower mums and reduce the serious impact that a cancer diagnosis can have on all members of the family. Our Mums Support Coordinators work with every mum to identify their specific needs and find a practical way to ease the burden of managing family life through cancer treatment.
Every year over 5,000 mums with young children under 13 will be diagnosed with cancer. We currently have capacity to support up to 1,000 mums per year, but with your help, Mummy’s Wish can strive to support the other 4,000 mums. That is how this role can make a real difference!
Our purpose is to provide support for mums and their young families through their cancer journey. Our vision is to provide tailored, practical support for every mum who is diagnosed with cancer in Australia each year and has children under 13.
Our values underpin everything we do at Mummy’s Wish. All team members are expected to uphold these values through their work and in the way they represent themselves and the organisation to mums, referral agencies, donors, partners and other external stakeholders.
- Kindness: we work with care, compassion and courage; demonstrating empathy in every interaction.
- Integrity: we build trusted relationships through respect, fairness and taking responsibility.
- Solidarity: we work as a united, cohesive team, sharing knowledge and towards a shared
- Tenacity: we are adaptable, resilient and persistent in our approach to delivering support to our mums.
How to Apply
Email your CV and cover letter, 2 pages maximum, addressing key criteria from the job description, to email@example.com.