Mummy’s Wish Board is Recruiting a Chairperson
Due to our current Chairman’s tenure coming to an end we are seeking an experienced individual to lead our Mummy’s Wish board as we look to grow awareness about the work we do in practically supporting mums with young families who have been diagnosed with Cancer, no matter where they’re located across Australia.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
VISION – Provide tailored, practical support for every mum who is diagnosed with cancer in Australia each year and who has children under 13
VALUES – Kindness, Solidarity, Integrity, Tenacity
Duration/term of contract: Volunteer position for a 3-year tenure
Board meetings (frequency): 6 per annum plus yearly strategy session and annual AGM.
Meetings are held in person and/or virtually.
We are actively seeking to recruit a Chairperson who will be successful in the following responsibilities:
- Manage the functioning and work of the Board, including setting the agenda for and facilitating board meetings
- Ensuring Mummy’s Wish Limited continues to meet its strategic, financial and governance obligations
- Maintaining open and constructive communication between the Board and CEO
- Maintain a good relationship and support the CEO to ensure Mummy’s Wish operates in line with its stated mission and values
- Manage the performance evaluation process and annual review of the CEO and all Board office-bearer positions
- Support the organisation to maintain strong engagement with our key stakeholders, ambassadors and financial supporters.
Skills and Experience
People who are attracted by Mummy’s Wish purpose and strategic plan and who have the following skills and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Previous experience as a Chairperson in a NFP (AICD credentials preferred)
- Regulatory framework and compliance understanding
- Corporate governance: including strategic planning, organisational agility and risk management capabilities
- Strong credentialed NFP Acumen
- Strategic partnership development skills, exhibiting growth mindset, flexible and diverse thinking
- Community engagement
- Stakeholder management
- Have access to a large network which can be called upon to assist, where appropriate.
How to Apply
Applications can be sent to our Board Secretary: email@example.com
Please include a covering letter with an updated resumé that addresses each of the key selection criteria listed above.
Expressions of interest to be submitted prior to close of business on Wednesday 1st June, 2022.