Mummy’s Wish is recruiting a Treasurer
Mummy’s Wish is recruiting a Treasurer
Organisation : Mummy’s Wish Limited
Current Board: 6 members (including National CEO)
Annual budget: between approx $500k and $1million based on current forecasts
Number of paid staff members: 6
Number of volunteers: >50
Nature of responsibilities: Volunteer, ongoing role with periodic attendance at key events
Board meetings (frequency): 6 per annum
Duration/term of contract: 2 years
Preferred Expertise Areas: Strong financial credentials, Corporate governance, Advocacy, Law and legal services, Not-For-Profit, Government Relations, Networking
Credentials: AICD accreditation preferred
Position Type: Volunteer board position
As we plan for the current financial year and longer-term sustainability of Mummy’s Wish Limited an opportunity has arisen for a Treasurer position for the Mummy’s Wish board, which we are now seeking to fulfil – are you up for that challenge?
Do you have the skills, cultural-connection and time to commit to guiding an established cancer support organisation grow and develop its national presence further, and ensure that Mummy’s Wish reaches its extraordinary goal of being able to support the >5,000 Australian mums, with young families under the age of 12 years who are diagnosed with cancer each year?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’, then Mummy’s Wish is seeking Expressions of interest for a new Board Treasurer.
About the Board opportunities:
We are actively seeking to recruit:
- A new Board member to the role of Treasurer who will bring energy, qualifications and critical skills to our passionate and deeply-committed Board.
- Independent thinker, who is action-oriented, empathetic and willing to challenge the status quo when needed
- The Treasurer role is critical for Mummy’s Wish achieving our short term and long term goals – including advising on financial strategy, periodic management reporting, annual reporting and audit compliance, plus fund-raising proposals
- An experienced individual who can support Mummy’s Wish staff and assist with stakeholder engagement: including charitable Foundations, Family offices, State and local government, community and health organisations throughout Australia.
About Mummy’s Wish
Mummy’s Wish was established in 2007 as a registered charity, to help mums with young families, deal with the day-to-day challenges of raising and caring for their families, whilst undergoing cancer treatment.
Since that time we’ve helped more than 4,000 mums and their families, and we’re seeking to make that many thousand more families by 2025!
Based in Brisbane QLD – Mummy’s Wish has a national presence and reach.
Mummy’s Wish operates through the legal structure of a Company limited by Guarantee and all its operations focus on providing Australian families with immediate, practical and non-means tested support, throughout Mum’s cancer treatment – a period of intense medical, psychological, and physical change and stress.
Key organisational values
Mummy’s Wish believes in leading through its shared values; and by creating a safe, open, engaged culture which empowers all its staff and volunteers to make a difference. Our key workplace values comprise:
Skills and experience:
People who are attracted by Mummy’s Wish purpose and strategic plan and who have the following skills and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Previous experience as a Treasurer in a NFP or similar or larger size than Mummy’s Wish
- Strong credentialed financial acumen
- Management accounting expertise
- Growing organisational revenues and fund-raising initiatives
- Strategic partnership development
- Regulatory framework and compliance understanding
- Corporate governance: including strategic planning, organisational agility, and risk management
- Community engagement
- Commercial business management
- Developing and implementing a high-performance culture environment
- Management and delivery on a range of complex projects
- Stakeholder management, especially relationships with local and State Government
- Have access to a large network who could be called upon to assist where appropriate.
This role encompasses organisation wide responsibility and your personal contribution could include personal representation of the organisation with a variety of stakeholders for fundraising and to gain in-kind support; influencing key institutions and partners for funding, public advocacy for reform and/or for purposes of raising community awareness.
Expressions of Interest
Mummy’s Wish values diversity and to that end is seeking applications from all interested parties – irrespective of age; sex or creed for the two Board positions being recruited for. Technology will be used to support remote attendance if you’re not based in Brisbane.
If you’re an innovative and values based leader with the drive to ensure Mummy’s Wish Limited continues to grow, and achieves its strategic objectives, please submit your initial written application, providing details of your relevant skills and experience, plus the leadership experience and time commitment which you’re capable of providing – to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a brief (not more than 2 pages) covering letter, plus your resumé in response.
If you wish to view the Mummy’s Wish Board Treasurer position description please email email@example.com.
Alternatively, please call our Chairperson: Trevor Cuss on 0403 060 916 for further information on the requirements for the role
Expressions of Interest close on Wednesday, 7th July 2021.