Mummy’s Wish is a program of Rare Cancers Australia (ABN 24 159 196 997) which is a registered charity with Deductible Gift Recipient status. As there are many laws in place when giving to charity, please read the following guidelines carefully.


Your Responsibilities
All fundraising events (physical and online) must be registered with Mummy’s Wish by submitting a Fundraising Application Form. There may be circumstances where approval will not be granted for fundraising. If you are unsure, please contact Mummy’s Wish and we will be happy to discuss your request. Once your registration has been approved, a Mummy’s Wish representative will send you a letter of authority to raise money on our behalf.

As the registered fundraiser, it is your responsibility to ensure all guidelines are met and all proceeds must be forwarded to Mummy’s Wish within 14 days from the date of your fundraiser occurring.

The fundraiser, not Mummy’s Wish, will be responsible for coordination, promotion and management of the event and related activities. However, where possible, support and advice will be offered.

The event must be profitable (the event must generate an income value that is higher than the expense value incurred). Ensure any costs incurred from the funds raised are fair and reasonable and only include direct out-of-pocket expenses, e.g. venue hire, catering. No expenses should be made in the name of Mummy’s Wish Inc.

If your event is taking place in a public area, please advise the local council, police station and other authorities that are responsible for the area you will use. Obtain any permits that will be needed.

All fundraising activities must comply with all Australian Federal and State laws. Please visit your local state or territory site to find out about relevant required legislation.

The Fundraising Institute of Australia:
The Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission:

Also be aware of liquor, food preparation and gaming regulations. Depending on your event and venue, you may also need to arrange public liability insurance (PLI). Please check with your venue manager.


Naming Your Event
Please remember that your event should clearly state that funds raised will support Mummy’s Wish, e.g. ‘proudly supporting Mummy’s Wish’ or ‘funds raised will go to support the work of Mummy’s Wish’.


Logo Use and Media
The ‘In support of Mummy’s Wish’ logo is permitted to be used on promotional material once your application has been approved. All promotional materials must be approved by Mummy’s Wish prior to being printed or distributed.


Approaching Media
Generating publicity and awareness in the local community is a great way to promote your event. However fundraisers are not authorised to speak on behalf of Mummy’s Wish, only about the fundraising event. Please direct all media enquiries about Mummy’s WIsh to 1300 045 741 or email


How Mummy’s Wish Can Be Involved
Mummy’s Wish is made up of a small and very busy team based in Bowral, NSW so a representative may not always be available to attend your event. Where possible, Mummy’s Wish representatives can offer support and advice to help make your event a success.


Soliciting Prizes
Asking businesses to donate prizes for your event is a great way to maximise the funds you raise. Before approaching state or head offices of organistions, please ask us first to ensure your request won’t jeopardise any existing or potential support from that business. Local businesses are a good place to start.


Collecting Funds
No door-to-door, street or telephone approaches are to be made to the general public for donations in connection with your event. Children under the age of 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when collecting donations. Only collect funds in the form of cash or cheques. Credit card donations can be made securely with Mummy’s Wish directly via our website

What Is Considered a Donation?
Mummy’s Wish can provide a tax-deductible receipt for donations over $2. A gift is considered a donation when the donor has received nothing back in return. If in doubt, please refer to the Australian Tax Office website: