We understand how a cancer diagnosis can have a different impact on mums than on other members of the family, so we’re here to help mums get the assistance they need to access further support services that are available so they can focus on what really matters—getting well, and being a mum.
And we couldn’t do this without the incredible support of individuals, organisations and community groups across Australia.
How to get involved
Fundraise for Mummy’s Wish
There are a number of ways you can help raise awareness and vital funds for Mummy’s Wish in your workplace, school, community or as an individual. Some of the most popular ways to fundraise include:
- Casual days or a sausage sizzle for a gold coin donation at school or work
- Setting yourself a challenge and asking for support – it might be a physical challenge like running or a personal challenge like shaving your hair or quitting coffee for a month
- Host an event such as a morning tea, movie night or trivia night. Every dollar you raise helps make a difference to Australian families where mum has cancer.
- Dedicate your special occasion or milestone birthday
- Raise funds in memory of a loved one.
Every dollar your raise will help us to:
- Provide each mum with an experienced support coordinator to provide emotional support and information
- Provide practical support such as house cleaning sessions or meal delivery to families where mum is undergoing treatment such as chemotherapy
- Provide hospital car parking vouchers or fuel vouchers to ease the financial strain on families
- Supply books and other resources to help mums talk to their children about what they’re going through and how it may affect their family
- Provide each mum with a voice-recordable Comfort Bear for each child under 12 years so mum can leave a little message for them to hear when they’re not together.
Set up an Everyday Hero page
One of the easiest and most popular ways to raise money for Mummy’s Wish is to set up an online fundraising page (and it means you don’t have to complete a Registration form!).
To make your fundraising page as effective as possible, upload your own photographs, videos and share your share your story and/or motivation for fundraising for Mummy’s Wish and how much you want to raise. It’s all about personalisation!
Once your Everyday Hero page is ready to go, you can email a link for your fundraising page to potential donors,easily allowing them to make a safe and secure credit card donation. Your donors will be issued with a receipt when they donate and donations are automatically processed and transferred to Mummy’s Wish.
All donations are tallied and displayed on the fundraising page meter, so you can see how much you’ve raised so far! You can also deposit funds raised from an event through your fundraising page.
How to bank your funds
Mummy’s Wish bank details
BSB: 064 000
Account Name: Mummy’s Wish – Public Fund
Reference: Your name and ‘donation’
Donations can also be made through any internet banking facility, or at a Commonwealth Bank branch. Alternatively, you can make an online donation here and receive your tax receipt straight away. Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
If you have an idea you’d like to discuss, need advice or have any questions in regards to fundraising for Mummy’s Wish, fill out the enquiry form BELOW, or email us, and our Community Fundraising team will be in touch to bounce around ideas to get the ball rolling.
If you’ve already got a plan of what you want to do, click here to register your fundraiser and we will be in touch soon to help you get started.