About the role
Mummy’s Wish is currently looking for an experienced professional with strong case management skills to join our dedicated team at our Banyo (Brisbane) office. This is an opportunity to use your health or community focused experience to assist families and work amongst a supportive team.
In this role, you will provide direct support and facilitate practical support and resources for Mums with cancer and their young families. The majority of client contact will be over the phone so an ability to build rapport quickly is essential. You will also build relationships with referrers and other organisations to increase our collective effectiveness and maximise outcomes for families.
This is a permanent part time role (0.66+ FTE will be considered).
We are looking for someone who is a empathetic problem solver, and who will be a great team fit – collaborative, engaging and is able to effectively manage competing priorities. We are looking forward to finding someone who can fit straight in and help us towards our goals.
What you can expect
- The opportunity to learn and develop as the organisation grows
- The chance to work as part of a small, collaborative team where your ideas and initiatives will be valued
- Exposure to all areas of community service delivery in a not-for-profit organisation
- Flexible working conditions and attractive salary packaging options
- Tertiary qualifications in a health related field, e.g. social work, occupational therapy, nursing
- Experience in case management and providing person centred support directly to clients
- Minimum 3 years experience in a health or community focused role
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of health and community networks and the major issues facing families impacted by cancer
- Exceptional communication skills and understanding of empathy
- Recent experience working in cancer related settings
- Demonstrated experience of providing telephone support directly to clients
- Ability to build professional relationships to ensure MW works effectively in partnership with referrers and other providers
- Demonstrated time management skills including the capacity to manage competing priorities within tight timeframes
- Ability to demonstrate the values of Mummy’s Wish through their own behaviour and make a positive contribution to team and workplace practices
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants will need to review the position description.
To be considered for the role, your application must consist of:
- Maximum one-page cover letter explaining why you’re the best person for this job
- Maximum two-page resume outlining skills, experience and education. Please note that it’s not necessary to include employment history prior to the last five years of employment.
- Maximum 400 words outlining an example of where your resourcefulness and ‘can do’ approach helped you solve a problem. Please ensure that you highlight the skills that you have put into play to ensure the desired outcome was reached.
The application MUST be supplied in one PDF document and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm Monday 7 May. Please note, you may be contacted before the closing date. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.